The Introductory Nuclear Lab System is a complete student system designed for high school and college level nuclear science instruction.
The System is built around the ST260 Ratemeter which has a large analog meter for direct reading in both cpm and cps.
The ST260 also has an internal rechargeable battery that allows for up to 8 hours of portable operation. Continuous operation is accommodated with an AC charger (included).
The ST260 can also be operated using a computer (PC) via a USB connection. This allows for data to be collected and displayed on the screen in either analog or digital format. All of the data is stored in a format that can easily be transferred directly to many common spreadsheet programs.
The Introductory Nuclear Lab System also comes with a set of 3 U.S. NRC exempt quantity sources (RSS3 or RSS3UN for international orders): 1- alpha, 1-beta, and 1-gamma emitter. This allows users to study the characteristics of different types of radiation.
- Operating Modes: Counts, High Voltage
- 4.5 in analog display: CPS, CPM, and High Voltage
- Internal, rechargeable battery (up to 8 hrs of operation)
- GM detector assembly complete with sample holder (six positions, 1 cm separation) and BNC cable (3 ft)
- 20 piece absorber set: Aluminum, plastic, lead (4.5 to 7367 mg/cm2)
- Set of 3 radioactive sources: 1 alpha, 1 beta, 1 gamma emitter
- Experiment Lab Manuals – instructor and student editions
|ST260||Analog radiation counter and operating software|
|USB||USB cable (6 ft.)|
|GP35||Complete GM detector assembly with GM35 probe, GMS35 stand, and cable|
|RAS20||Radiation absorber set – 20 pieces|
|RSS3 or RSS3UN||Set of 3 radioactive sources (1 – alpha, 1 – beta, and 1 – gamma)|
|LM5||Experiment Lab Manuals for the instructor and student (CD version) with sample data|
|INTRO||Introductory Nuclear Lab System|
|INTRO-UN||Introductory Nuclear Lab System – UN (for international orders)|